Saturday, 24th November 2012
Design patterns are harmless. Design pattern zealots are dangerous. But a worse kind of perpetrators are the brigadiers of methodologies. Agile, SCRUM, PRINCE2, LEAN, this, that and the other. Snake oil peddlers, them! Real developers don't care about all this. People who claim to be experts in methodologies are mostly those who can't write code to save their lives.
What companies need are good developers who read books and practice writing code every day. Corporate cultures don't allow that, sadly. Thinking and studying are considered as wasteful activities. So, everyone has turned their back to the solution to discuss the problem of why software isn't getting written on time and why it isn't as they wanted it. The methodology republic is the excess weight on the ship. If they really faced the truth, they'd fire themselves and hire developers who can write code and leave them alone to do their job.
This issue deserves a full length article. Later.
- The Methodology Republic - 2
- Design Pattern Monkeys Are Monkeys
- Design Pattern Monkeys Are Monkeys - 2
- Oh, the job titles these days
- The Software Development Process Is Self Managing
- This Architect Business Is a Sham
- Your Manager Just Don't Understand?
- My first stage-play titled The IT Company.
- The One Method to Acting or to Learning Anything
- The Strong Idiot With the Blindfold and the Infectious Maniac
- We learnt it all in Kindergarten
- Certifications are a Scam